This award will be presented annually to two (2) separate individuals, both male and female, whose volunteerism and outstanding service and dedication have made a significant contribution to the county of Kalkaska. This includes not only just the immediate Kalkaska area but also includes Rapid City and South Boardman.
Qualities looked for include but are not limited to:
• A person who continually volunteers his or her time, dedication and talents that make the County of Kalkaska a great place to live, work, play and learn.
• A person who has made a positive difference to the lives of fellow citizens.
• Someone who is dedicated to Kalkaska and is concerned for others. They may serve on service, school, church, or community committees.
• A person who has shown a willingness to work with other Kalkaska residents, who is enthusiastic about the town and its citizens, and who works continually towards the betterment of the community.
• A person with the qualities of honesty and integrity.
In choosing the recipient, regard will be given to the nominee’s achievements in the year immediately prior to receiving the award, as well as their past achievements and ongoing contributions to the community. A nominee need only be nominated once to be considered. The number of nominations received per nominee will bear no weight in their selection.